Health Shoes & Fitness Shoes
Health shoes and fitness shoes may have different designs but they ultimately promote the same thing - foot health and overall wellness. Shoe companies have made significant changes in their designs to gain and maintain healthy feet, and HealthyFeetStore.com is happy to offer some of the best health shoes and fitness shoes available.
Please note: those with medical conditions should consult with a health professional before purchasing a pair of health shoes or fitness shoes.
Health Shoes Will Keep Your Feet Healthy and Comfortable
Wellness and health shoes are designed to keep feet healthy and comfortable. Health shoes offer various features that are similar to those of orthopedic shoes with the exception that their designs are not focused to treat certain medical conditions like the designs of orthopedic shoes. Health shoes can not only prevent certain foot problems from occurring, but also dramatically reduce foot fatigue. Their features are more centered towards providing an optimal fit so that comfort is felt within all areas of the shoe. There are also more styles of health shoes that are fashion-friendly, from dress shoes to casual shoes, to athletic shoes to sandals. Health shoes are really the crème de la crème of the shoe industry.
Health shoes should come with some (if not all) of following features:
- Breathable Uppers: Materials can range from different types of leathers to synthetic mesh. The key thing to pay attention to is whether or not the upper's material allows moisture to escape and air to enter to keep feet dry.
- Contoured Footbed: This design allows an optimal fit because the shape mimics the natural shape of the foot.
- Arch Support: Poorly made shoes with no arch support can cause strain and pressure on joints and muscles in the lower limbs. By having proper arch support, lower limbs will be realigned correctly minimizing or eliminating the pain.
- Removable Footbed: The option of removing the footbed allows you to put a custom orthotic in the shoe. Orthotics like arch support insoles can ease discomfort caused by flat feet while other insoles offer more cushion or support at the heel.
- Padded Collar: As long as the collar has some padding, there will be less chances of experiencing ankle pain. Also, the padding helps those with slimmer ankles gain an overall better fit.
- Cushioned Tongue: Having a soft pillow-like tongue can prevent discomfort caused by pressure of tied laces. It also pushes the heel back to provide a more snug fit.
- Firm Heel Counter: Overpronation or supination can occur when the heel strikes the ground and having a firm heel counter can prevent this from happening because it maintains proper heel position. You'll gain stability and there will be less chances of experiencing lower limb injuries.
- Toe Flexion: Flexibility at the forefoot area means better and more comfortable toe-off. Having proper toe-off also helps establish a more natural gait.
- Wide Toe Box: More wiggle room for toes adds comfort and reduces certain foot problems that can cause toe issues such as overlapping toes, hammertoes, corns and calluses.