10 Pairs of Podiatrist Approved Party-Ready Shoes
There’s nothing worse than going to a holiday party and having to take off your shoes when you head to the dancefloor. This doesn't have to be you! It’s important to wear shoes that fit properly to prevent issues such as bunions, calluses, blisters and injuries. No one wants soreness or injuries to slow them down during the holidays, so be sure to care for your feet so they can carry you through all those seasonal celebrations. We’ve got some dressy shoe suggestions that are perfect for the parties, that won’t cause you to be limping the next day. Here is our shoe gift guide for the holidays with recommendations that both look good and feel good, available on Healthy Feet Store. Gift yourself and loved ones with a new pair of comfort shoes for the holiday!
- Apex Cap Toe Oxford: These shoes combine dapper style and orthopedic features making them the ideal footwear of choice for professionals and casual wearers alike. The upper is made with full grain leather while the lining is supple and provides breathability. A padded collar adds extra comfort at the ankle and the 1/4" removable footbed accommodates custom inserts. These shoes will improve any collection while providing comfort and stability.
- Drew Park: You need dress shoes that will look amazing with that suit and remain comfortable throughout the event. They have medial heel stabilizers, which makes them ideal for wearers who suffer from pronation that focuses all of their weight on the inner edge of the sole. The shoes also feature tempered steel shanks that prevent it from getting punctured by sharp objects or getting damaged on impact.
- Rockport Shakespeare Circle: If you're a man who likes to keep his style elegant yet simple, then the Rockport Shakespeare Circle is the shoe for you. With heel counters that provide ultra-firm support to the heels, these shoes prevent the chance of over-pronation. Flat feet can make it hard for people to walk extensively, which is why these shoes offer amazing footwear support that improves the natural curvature of your feet.
- Rockport Northfield: Finely polished and refined, save these shoes for the best occasions. However, its plush and luxurious feel isn't its only stellar feature. These dress shoes top the comfort factor with their exceptionally soft cushioned heels. The shoe upper is stitched in durable leather, which will stand the test of time and harsh weather conditions. The inner part of the shoe has an antimicrobial lining, which prevents the growth of bacteria and germs.
- Drew Essex: Designed with genuine leather, this pair of shoes comes with a sheer gloss finish that adds to the elegance and classiness of these shoes. Its arch support feature offers cushioning to the flat arch area, which prevents flat feet problems such as sore or swollen feet. This pair of shoes also comes with a cushioned heel feature, which supports the rear area of your feet and keeps your skin soft.
- Naot Chief: The Chief features a nubuck/leather upper with stitch detailing and thin laces. The upper is hand-stitched to the thermoplastic rubber (TPR) sole for quality. Feet will stay relaxed and comfortable with an elevated footbed center, designed to release joint pressure and correctly distribute body weight. Anatomic natural latex and cork footbed is super cushioned with a latex sponge layer that offers a soft layer of comfort.
- Propet Flynn: When choosing a dress shoe, Flynn Shoes for Men by Propet are a smart choice to begin with. It is a simple shoe that can be worn everywhere because of how adaptable it is. They can be dressed up or down depending on the color and style. The closed lacing, low heel, and extended toe makes Propet shoes the easiest to identify. The Flynn Dress Shoe for Men is one of the most popular styles available. The most popular occasions to wear this style of shoe are formal events or work.
- Trotters Kiera Women’s Dress Shoe: This sleek design comes in many colors and is perfect for holiday parties and combines a closed toe with an open back. The durable synthetic rubber sole combined with a 1.25 inch heel give you secure footing. The insole is reinforced with a steel shank which helps keep your foot from moving and helps to reduce common foot aches and pains. The upper lining is antimicrobial which allows this shoe to better absorb moisture and keep you odor free.
- Trotters Kiera Pumps: Looking for a comfy yet modish pair of pumps? The Trotters Kiera are fashion-forward and elegant. Made with strong arch support that prevents flat feet, these shoes are ideal for those with painful foot conditions. With a modest 2" heel, these pumps are equipped with heel counter and cups that improve walking stability and prevent the chances of over-pronation. The padded collar softly cushions the area around the ankle, while the soft uppers protect your feet from abrasions.
- Ros Hommerson Kitty Pump: If you like to stay chic, stylish, and comfortable, then the Ros Hommerson Kitty is the perfect pair for you! These heels have a slip-on feature and are heavily cushioned with a gel-like padding for the base of your feet. Thanks to the soft uppers feature in these shoes, you don't have to worry about bruises and blisters that often occur due to footwear abrasion. The arch area is also generously cushioned, which supports the hollowness and prevents flat feet problems.
Dr. Jeffrey S. Hurless
DPM, FACFAS Board Certified Foot & Ankle Surgeon/Podiatrist
Medical Director, HealthyFeetStore.com