Edema and Swollen Feet Swelling in the feet and calves is a common issue for diabetics, pregnant women, those with heart disease, kidney and liver failure and even ankle and foot sprains. Fortunately, the Healthy Feet Store can help with this problem, no matter what the cause. We carry dozens of products specifically designed to help cope with the discomfort of swollen feet and calves. Made by top manufacturers, our shoes, socks and sleeves are available in a wide range of styles and sizes. Whether you are looking for extra-wide shoes for swollen feet, adjustable shoes for swollen feet, shoes for elderly swollen feet or other products, you will find what you're looking for here at HealthyFeetStore.com.
How Shoes for Swollen Feet Can Offer Relief
Compression socks and shoes used to treat swelling use squeezing as a way of smoothing out fluid buildup. They prevent the superficial veins from expanding with blood and pushing out the skin. This type of footwear can also prevent the formation of blood clots.
Tips for Avoiding Swollen Feet
- Wear loose-fitting clothing and avoid wearing tight clothing that compresses the body above the thighs. Shapewear is a good example of clothing to avoid if you are prone to swollen feet.
- Pull over during long car rides to stretch and walk around. Periodic breaks will help promote circulation and halt fluid buildup. At least a 5- to 10-minute stroll is ideal.
- Do not stand or sit for extensive blocks of time. Make sure to break up these periods with plenty of stretching and moving. Swinging your arms and legs to encourage circulation is important. Stretch breaks should be taken at least once an hour.
- Reduce intake of alcohol and quit smoking. Both habits can cause swelling.
- Stay away from salty food. Consuming too much salt can lead to fluid retention and hypertension.
- If obesity or weight gain is an issue, focus on achieving a healthier weight. Losing weight will help fluid retention issues and alleviate stress on the ankle and foot joints.
- Invest in compression socks, support shoes and diabetic slippers to combat swelling and smooth out fluid buildup.
What Kind of Edema Footwear is Available?
Socks and casual shoes are among the most common footwear products available for treating swollen feet. Slippers, athletic shoes, sandals, dress shoes and work boots are also used. Whether you are searching for extra-wide slippers for swollen feet, narrow shoes for swollen feet or something else, you will discover an unparalleled collection via an easy online search here. Healthy Feet Store has a selection of edema shoes, socks and sleeves for men and women.