10 Tips To Make Sure The Shoe Fits
Here are 10 tips from the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
to help ensure that the next pair of shoes you buy won't squeeze your feet.
1. Sizes vary among shoe brands and styles. Don't select shoes by the size marked inside the shoe. Judge the shoe by how it fits on your foot.
2. Select a shoe that conforms as nearly as possible to the shape of your foot.
3. Have your feet measured regularly. The size of your feet changes as you grow older.
4. Have both feet measured. Most people have one foot that's larger than the other. Fit to the largest foot.
5. Fit at the end of the day when your feet are largest.
6. Stand during the fitting process and check that there is adequate space (three-eighths to one-half inch) for your longest toe at the end of each shoe.
7. Make sure the ball of your foot fits comfortably into the widest part (ball pocket) of the shoe.
8. Don't purchase shoes that feel too tight, expecting them to stretch to fit.
9. Your heel should fit comfortably in the shoe with a minimum amount of slippage.
10.Walk in the shoe to make sure it fits and feels right.
Fashionable shoes can be comfortable
HealthyFeetStore.com specializes in stylish, good-looking orthopedic shoes for all types of foot problems or for folks that just want comfortable, extra-wide, extra-depth or narrow shoes.